This help file will guide you through all the different ways you can respond to your customers in your eDesk account.
Before you start
- You'll need to have access to the eDesk Mailbox to be able to respond to tickets. If you don't have access, you can request it from an admin user within your organization.
01 Responding inside a Ticket
This section will look at all the ways you can respond to your customers within tickets.
When viewing a ticket, click the pencil icon at the top of the page or the Reply icon below the message to open the Reply box.
You can schedule your response to be sent at a time of your choosing from the clock button next to Submit as.
Note: You can customize the time by clicking on Schedule send and choosing the date and time.
You can also choose to have it Submitted As a different status than Done. To find out more about choosing different ticket statuses, click here.
- Typed Responses:
Manually type the body of your message and click Submit As: To-Do, Waiting or Resolved.
Type # (hashtag) and the snippet name to populate it.
To find out more about Snippets, click here.
Click the Template icon inside the Reply box.
Choose a template from the dropdown or type _ (underscore) and the template name in the Reply box to display a list of all templates.
- External messages allow you to send a message to an external email address different from the one linked to the ticket while keeping all conversations in the same thread.
Note: if a message is not sent, a draft will be saved in the Reply box.
AI Reply (Agent Assist)
When an incoming message matches an AI classification, the associated AI powered summary will be assigned. The AI powered summaries will show inside the ticket above the Reply box.
- Select an AI powered summary to preview or edit its associated AI powered response in the Reply Box.
- Click Send.
02 Responding from the Ticket List
This section will look at all the ways you can respond to your customers within the ticket list view.
- To respond to multiple tickets in one go, select the tickets from the list using the bulk actions check box.
- Select Reply from the bulk actions dropdown list.
- Select a template from the dropdown (and the language if relevant) or type a message yourself.
AI Reply (Agent Assist)
- When an incoming ticket matches an AI classification, an AI powered summary is assigned to the ticket and a Sparkle icon is displayed by that ticket in the Mailbox.
- Select the Sparkle icon to display a pop-up showing the original message, the AI powered summary, and an AI powered response that's based on the Primary template. Learn about the Primary template here.
- To send the AI powered response in your reply to the customer, select Send reply. This allows you to respond in one click, without clicking into the ticket
Alternatively, click in the Reply Box for the AI-powered response and edit the text, or type in your own message instead. Or if you want to see more suggestions for AI-powered responses, select the ticket in the Mailbox listing to open it.
To find out more about eDesk's AI replies in eDesk, click here.
03 Automated Responses
Automated templates mean your customers receive responses at all hours and also help to reduce the workload by automatically replying to common questions.
- Auto Replies:
This option allows you to set recurring days and times for a message to send.
For example, send the template each day, outside of office hours.
- Rule Only:
- This option allows you to use rule conditions to trigger automated messages
- Out of Office:
This option allows you to set an out-of-office message for a specific date range.
For example, send the template in response to every incoming message while you are on holiday.
04 Other Information
- Depending on your user settings, the ticket will be marked as Resolved or Waiting.
To find out more about Default Status settings, click here.
Note: The ticket will only reopen if the customer replies.
To find out more about AI powered responses in eDesk, click here.
Interested in learning more about using Templates in eDesk to save time, click here.