We understand that you may want to change the ticket status manually because you know further action will be required to solve the ticket later or because of the way you want to report on closing tickets. If this is the case, you can easily choose the status yourself every time or close as the default, which you can choose from your Mailbox Settings.
You can also schedule when you would like this message to send, with the new status you've chosen.
In this help file, we’ll show you how to manually select how you want to submit the ticket, or set your default status when replying to a ticket and how to schedule it.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
01 What is the Submit As option?
This option allows you to manually select the status you want the ticket to be submitted as when you're sending your response. You can also set the default status of your ticket after you send a reply to it from the Mailbox Settings. More on this below.
Note: The default option will not apply to every user in the account and will be user specific, so each account will have to set the default option from their account settings.
When you're ready to respond, click on the Submit As button. This will send the message and set the status of the ticket to the default option you chose in Mailbox Settings. You can also change the status manually by clicking on the ^ arrow next to Submit As and choose from one of the following options:
- Selecting Submit As Waiting will set the ticket status to Waiting, which you can later find in the Waiting section in the left hand side menu.
- Selecting Submit As To-Do (Open) will set the ticket status to To-Do, which you can later find in the To-Do section in the left hand side menu.
- Selecting Submit As Resolved will set the ticket status to Resolved, which you can later find in the Resolved section in the left hand side menu.
02 Where do I find this option?
It's very simple to change the default if you wish to do so, simply follow the instructions below:
- Go to Settings → My Account → Profile Preferences.
- Then select the Mailbox tab.
- Scroll down till you see the option Default send message status on the screen.
- Change the default if you would like, and hit Save Changes.
Note: Each user will need to set this option within their own account settings, depending on what they want the ticket status to be after a reply.
03 How do I use this option?
This option allows agents more flexibility in managing tickets and the actions that still need to be done. They can decide if they would like a ticket to be marked as Waiting if they are still waiting for a response, or keep it in To-Do as Open. Once the agent is happy that the problem has been solved, they can mark the ticket as Resolved manually also.
To avoid tickets building up in Waiting, you can set a number of days after which tickets will be marked a Resolved. To find out more information on this setting, click here.
04 How do I use the scheduling option?
You can schedule your response to be sent at a time of your choosing from the clock button next to Submit as.
Note: If none of those random times suit, you can customize the time by clicking on Schedule message and choosing the date and time manually
If you wanted to find out more about what ticket statuses like To-Do, Resolved, and Waiting mean, click here.
Interested in learning more about creating folders in your eDesk Mailbox to categorize your tickets, click here.