We understand that each person works differently therefore we made it very easy to customize settings in eDesk.
In this help file, we’ll show you how to set your default status after replying to a ticket.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
01 What is this option?
This option allows you to set the default status of your ticket after you send a reply to it.
When the option is selected, the Close ticket checkbox inside the Reply box will be unticked and the ticket will be marked as Waiting when a message is sent.
- When the option is not selected, the Close ticket checkbox inside the Reply box will be ticked and the ticket will be marked as Resolved when a message is sent.
02 Where do I find this option?
It's very simple to activate the option, simply follow the instructions below:
- Go to Settings → My Account → Profile Preferences.
- Then select the Mailbox tab.
- You will then see the option Leave ticket open by default on the screen.
Note: Each user will need to set this option within their own account settings, depending on what they want the ticket status to be after a reply.
03 How do I use this option?
This option allows agents to decide when a ticket should be marked as Resolved. Once the agent is happy that the problem has been solved, they can mark the ticket as Resolved manually also.
To avoid tickets building up in Waiting, you can set a number of days after which tickets will be marked a Resolved. To find out more information on this setting, click here.