The eDesk Mailbox is highly configurable and it's super easy to set it up to suit your requirement.
This help file will guide you through the different ways that you can customize your Mailbox.
01 How do I configure my Mailbox?
1. Go to Settings → My Account → Profile Preferences → Mailbox.
This is where you can configure the different options for languages, tickets, notifications, your messages, working hours, and holidays. In the next sections of this article, we describe what each setting does.
02 Channel and Language settings
Use the following settings to configure channel and language settings:
- Enabled Channels
Lists the channels that are enabled for your account.
- Auto-select reply template
If you tick this checkbox, then a reply template is automatically selected by default in the reply box for the ticket. This would generally be the template displayed at the very top of your Templates list.
- Languages I understand
Click to open the menu where you can select one or more languages that you already speak.
eDesk uses this if you have Auto-translation enabled and will not auto-translate any messages that are in the languages selected here. To find out more about Auto-translation, click here.
- Hide tickets in other languages
If you don't want to see any tickets that are in languages you don't understand, tick this checkbox. These tickets will be displayed in the Mailbox for other users, as long as their Mailbox settings permit.
03 Ticket settings and notifications
Use the following settings to configure ticket settings, in-app and email/desktop notifications:
- Send me an in-app notification when someone mentions me on a ticket.
When selected, you will receive an in-app notification that you were mentioned on a ticket. The ticket will then appear in the Mentions category in your Mailbox.
- Send me an in-app notification when someone assigns me to a ticket
When selected, you will receive an in-app notification that you have been assigned a ticket.
- Send me an in-app notification when someone adds a note to a ticket I am assigned to
When selected, you will receive an in-app notification when someone adds a note to a ticket that you are assigned to.
- Send me an email when someone assigns a ticket to me
When you are made the Owner of a ticket by another user or by a Message Rule, you can ask to be automatically notified by email. The email is sent to the email address that is listed for you in Settings → Company Settings → Users tab. Tick the checkbox to enable this notification type. To find out more about Message Rules, click here.
- Send me an email every time there is a new message in my assigned tickets
You can set up your Mailbox to email you whenever a customer sends you a message in a ticket for which you are the Owner. The email is sent to the email address that is listed for you in Settings → Company Settings → Users tab. Tick the checkbox to enable this notification type.
- Mention agent in reply
If ticked, when you reply to a message, you will be @mentioned in the ticket. The ticket will then appear in the Mentions category in your Mailbox.
- Deactivate auto-translation of your signature
If you have Auto-translation enabled, your email signature will be auto-translated by default into the customer's language. You can disable this here by ticking the checkbox so that your signature is not translated but instead is left in its original language. To find out more about Auto-translation, click here.
- Sending delay
Enter a number of minutes here to instruct the Mailbox to always delay sending your message by the set number of minutes after you have clicked Send. This is an optional safeguard that gives you a window of time to cancel the message if you then decide not to send it. This delay is not used for Quick Reply messages. The default value here is 0 minutes, i.e., no delay. To find out more about Quick Reply, click here.
Desktop notifications This is where you can configure your desktop notifications. If enabled, desktop notifications will display in a small toast window that slides onto the screen and contains a message to alert you to something that just happened. You need to be logged into eDesk to see them. You can select the following:
- All Messages: you'll be notified whenever a message arrives in your Mailbox.
- Only for tickets I'm assigned to: you'll be notified whenever a message arrives for which you are the Owner.
- Only for chat messages: you'll only be notified when a customer sends a message via Chat. To find out more about eDesk Chat, click here.
- No notifications: desktop notifications are disabled.
Notification status: This field shows whether you have desktop notifications enabled. If not enabled, you will see a button that reads Click to enable notifications.
- Message order when inside a ticket Select from the menu to set up how the tickets are listed in your Mailbox. You can either choose Display most recent messages at the top to display messages in descending date order or Display most recent messages at the bottom to display messages in ascending date order.
- Action after reply This is where you set up what is shown on screen after you click Send when you respond to a message. Select one of the following from the menu:
- Back to list (only for Full View): the ticket is automatically closed on screen and the ticket listing is redisplayed.
- Stay on Ticket: keep the ticket opened on the screen. You can close it manually.
- Move to next ticket: the ticket is automatically closed on screen and the next ticket in the list is opened.
- Show other related orders
Tick to include a list of related orders on the ticket.
- Search for exact phrases only by default
If ticked, then when you enter phrases in the Search field in your Mailbox, the search results will contain only messages that contain the exact phrase you searched for. So, if this checkbox is ticked, then a search for Hello I will return a message containing the phrase "Hello I am wondering where my order is." but not a message containing the phrase "Hello xSellco, I am wondering where my order is."
- Show the ticket ID when viewing a ticket
If ticked, the ticket ID is displayed in the ticket.
- Default send message status
This option will enable you to change the default option of the Submit As button in the reply box. Click on the drop down to change the default of Submit As to either Waiting, To-do (open) or Resolved.
- Default channel to create new tickets for
If you select a channel from this menu, then whenever you create a new ticket, it will be for the selected channel by default. You can still change the channel in the ticket if you want to.
- User Email Signature
This is where you can create the email signature that will be included at the bottom of your messages to customers. To find out more about creating signatures, click here.
04 Working Hours and holidays
Use the following settings to configure your Working Hours and holidays :
- Don't assign on these dates
Set up the Mailbox to not assign tickets to you by round-robin during the time period you set here. The minimum time period you can set is 1 day. An example of use is when you will be on vacation. To find out more about our Round Robin feature, click here.
- Working Hours
Enter your daily working hours here, e.g., Monday 09:00 to Monday 17:00, Tuesday 08:30 to Tuesday 16:30, etc. The timezone is set by an Admin user in Settings → Company Settings → Company. Your working hours are used if a round-robin has been set up to assign owners to incoming tickets. To find out more about our Round Robin feature, click here. Only tickets that arrive within your working hours are assigned to you by the round-robin.
If you would like to find out more about Customizing the display in your eDesk Mailbox, click here.
If you are interested in learning how to reduce unwanted system messages in your Mailbox, click here.