Magento is a popular eCommerce platform allowing you to create an online store and sell products.
Connecting your Magento account will allow your messages, orders and order information to flow directly into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your Magento account and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a Magento account. To find out how to create one, click here.
Note: This guide outlines the Version 2 API, if you want instructions to set up Version 1, click here.
01 How do I set up Magento in eDesk?
- Go to the App Store and select the Magento tile.
- The App Store page for Magento provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you already have an app for a Magento store installed. Select Install App to go ahead and install a new Magento store.
- Select Connect eDesk to start the setup process.
- You will then be prompted to select how you would like to connect your Magento store to eDesk. Select API Integration for Magento 2 and select Next.
You’ll then see a page that summarizes the next steps you’ll take.
02 Continue the setup in Magento
Open Magento in a new browser tab. This is where you’ll continue the setup. Don’t close the eDesk tab because you’ll need to copy some information from it shortly.
In the Magento tab:
- Login to Magento as an Admin user.
- In the left sidebar, go to System ⇒ Extensions ⇒ Integrations.
- Select Add New Integration.
- Complete the fields as follows:
- Name of the Integration
- Enter eDesk.
- Contact Email address.
- Enter email@example.com
- This is the address of the eDesk Support Team, who will help if they receive any error notifications.
- Callback URL
- This is provided in the eDesk tab. In the eDesk tab, select Copy by the Callback URL field.
- Now paste it into the Callback URL field in the Magento tab using Ctrl+P for Windows or Cmd+P for MacOS.
- Identity Link URL
- This is also provided in the eDesk tab. In the eDesk tab, select Copy by the Identity Link URL field.
- Now paste it into the Identity Link URL field in the Magento tab using Ctrl+P for Windows or Cmd+P for MacOS.
- Your Password
- Enter your Magento password.
- Name of the Integration
In the left panel, choose API and do the following:
Set Resource Access to All
- Select Save and Activate.
03 Check the integration is active
The integration must be active before eDesk can connect with Magento.
- Stay in the Magento tab. On the left-hand sidebar, go to System ⇒ Extensions ⇒ Integrations.
- You’ll see a list of integrations, which should include eDesk. eDesk should have the Status Active.
- If it is Inactive, simply select Activate.
This will open a new window showing the permissions that you’ll be giving eDesk. Select Allow.
Congratulations, you have now set up the eDesk integration in Magento.
04 Mail Forwarding
The next step is to set up your eDesk Mailbox for your Magento store(s).
- Return to the eDesk tab and select Next.
- You’ll see a list of your Magento stores.
- Click the checkbox for the Magento store for which you want to see customer messages in your eDesk mailbox. If you have multiple Magento stores, you can click more than one.
- Select Next.
- If you have selected only one store, you’ll need to connect your email by following the steps here.
- If you have selected more than one store, you’ll be taken to Mailbox Settings where you can set up the Mailbox for each store.
05 Where do I see data from Magento in eDesk?
Now that you’ve successfully connected your Magento webstore, we’ll import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen:
You will see the Magento data related to each ticket on the right-hand side of every single ticket:
And you also will be able to consult all your Magento orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk: