Connecting your Shopify account will allow your messages, orders, and order information to flow directly into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your Shopify account and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a Shopify account. To find out how to create one, click here.
01 How do I connect Shopify in eDesk?
- Go to the App Store and click the Shopify tile.
- The App Store page for Shopify provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you already have an app for a Shopify store installed. Click Install App to go ahead and install a new Shopify store.
- Click Authorize eDesk to start the setup process.
02 Setting up your store
This step will allow you to view your Shopify order information within eDesk.1. Log into Shopify.
2. Take the store name from the URL:
- In the following example, shoestore is the store name
4. You will now be directed back to eDesk.
Note: The app to be installed is xSellco Helpdesk-E-commerce customer service software. The default access must not be changed. xSellco will never receive your personal credentials or any payment details.
03 Setting up email forwarding
Mail forwarding allows you to receive and send emails from your eDesk account to create a shared, centralized inbox for your customer support team.
This step is very important as it will allow you to view all your customer queries from Shopify within eDesk.
You first need to select the support email provider for the channel you’re trying to connect. After that, simply follow the relevant information on-screen or consult the help files below.
Note: if you’re getting an error message advising you that you cannot use the same email address twice, click here to resolve it.
04 Where do I see data from Shopify in eDesk?
Now that you successfully connected your Shopify webstore, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen:
You will see the Shopify data related to each ticket on the right-hand side of every single ticket:
And you also will be able to consult all your Shopify orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk:
If you would like to find out more about connecting Magento with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about connecting BigCommerce with eDesk, click here.