Shopify is a popular e-commerce platform allowing you to create an online store and sell products. We understand the importance of delivering an easy way to integrate with Shopify so you can have all the information you need in one single place.
Connecting your Shopify account will allow your messages, orders, and order information to flow directly into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your Shopify account and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a Shopify account. To find out how to create one, click here.
01 Video Tutorial
This short video will show you how to connect Shopify to your eDesk account. You will also find step-by-step instructions just below.
02 How do I connect Shopify in eDesk?
- Go to Settings → Mailbox Settings → Channels.
- Click + Add Channel and select Shopify in the Webstore section.
- Click Authorize eDesk to start the setup process.
03 Setting up your store
This step will allow you to view your Shopify order information within eDesk.1. Log into Shopify in a separate tab.
2. Take the store name from the URL:
- In the following example, shoestore is the store name
4. You will now be directed back to eDesk.
Note: The app to be installed is xSellco Helpdesk-E-commerce customer service software. The default access must not be changed. xSellco will never receive your personal credentials or any payment details.
04 Connecting your Shopify Support EmailThis step will allow you to view Shopify customer queries within eDesk.
- Enter your support email address - this is the email address that receives all customer support requests for your Shopify store.
- Before clicking next, we recommend that you open your support email account in a new tab (this will make the next step easier).
There are two ways to connect your Shopify support email with eDesk.
Option 1 - Mail forwarding:When set up, this option means that when an email is received in your support email account, it will be automatically forwarded to your eDesk Mailbox.
- Copy the unique xSellco email address shown above.
- Navigate to your support email account's settings and follow the instructions to add a forwarding address.
- The process will differ depending on your email client (Google, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.). See below for instructions on how to set up mail forwarding with popular email clients.
Option 2 - IMAP:This option involves a more detailed setup as it allows you to connect your eDesk Mailbox directly to the source of your support email account.
For more details, click here.
05 Where do I see data from Shopify in eDesk?
Now that you successfully connected your Shopify webstore, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen:
You will see the Shopify data related to each ticket on the right-hand side of every single ticket:
And you also will be able to consult all your Shopify orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk:
If you would like to find out more about connecting Magento with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about connecting BigCommerce with eDesk, click here.