Email forwarding is the most straightforward eDesk receiving mode and will allow you to automatically forward emails to your eDesk account. In this guide we will look at forwarding through Microsoft Outlook.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need an Outlook account. To find out how to create one, click here.
01 Find your unique eDesk email address
Go to the App Store and, in the Support Email & Comms section, click on the Outlook tile.
Enter your support email.
You will then see your unique eDesk email address.
Next, follow the instructions on screen or below.
02 Adding a Forwarding address1. Log into your Outlook account.
2. On the top bar, select the Settings cogwheel and click on View all Outlook settings.
3. Select Mail on the left-hand side then Forwarding.
4. Check the Enable forwarding box and enter the forwarding email address in the field displayed.
5. Select whether to keep a copy of the email or not inside the Outlook inbox (optional).
If you have one generic email address for all messages and don't want every single message to forward to eDesk, you can set up Filters inside Outlook. To find out more, click here.
Note: if you're experiencing issues with Outlook forwarding at any stage, you can consult this Troubleshooting help guide.