Email forwarding is the most straightforward eDesk receiving mode and will allow you to automatically forward emails to your eDesk account. In this guide we will look at forwarding through Microsoft Outlook.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need an Outlook account. To find out how to create one, click here.
01 Adding a Forwarding address1. Log into your Outlook account.
2. On the top bar, select the Settings cogwheel and click on View all Outlook settings.
3. Select Mail on the left-hand side then Forwarding.
4. Check the Enable forwarding box and enter the forwarding email address in the field displayed.
5. Select whether to keep a copy of the email or not inside the Outlook inbox (optional).
Note: If you have one generic email address for all messages and don't want every single message to forward to eDesk, you can set up Filters inside Outlook.
02 Creating a filter
1. On the top bar, select the Settings cogwheel and click on View all Outlook settings.
2. Select Mail on the left-hand side then Rules → Add new rule.
3. Enter the details of the emails you would like to 'catch'.
4. Select the condition.
5. Add an action - Forward to - enter the forwarding address.
6. Click Save.
This will allow you to forward only certain messages to eDesk.
Note: if you're experiencing issues with Outlook forwarding at any stage, you can consult this Troubleshooting help guide.