Integrating WhatsApp with eDesk can revolutionize the way your team handles support. By having two way communication via WhatsApp with your customers, you effortlessly provide convenience, reliability and familiarity with a platform most people use on a daily basis.
This help file will guide you through all the steps to connect WhatsApp with eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You need to familiarize yourself with the requirements to onboard WhatsApp with eDesk. To find out more, click here.
- If you’re currently using other Business Service Providers (BSP) like Zendesk, Message Bird etc, please refer to the Number Porting Onboarding help file.
01 How do I connect WhatsApp in eDesk?
It's very easy to get started with WhatsApp on eDesk, simply follow the instructions below.
Go to the App Store and click the WhatsApp tile in the Support Email & Comms category.
The App page for WhatsApp provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk. Click Install App on the right-hand side of the screen to continue.
In order to start sending and receiving WhatsApp messages in eDesk, the WhatsApp API must be integrated using our partner, 360 Dialog.
02 Connecting WhatsApp to eDesk
- To start connecting WhatsApp to eDesk, click Get Started.
- You will then see a short summary of all the steps you’ll be going through during the setup. When you’re done reading them, click Okay let’s get started.
- The screen will then display a few things you need to know about connecting your WhatsApp Business account to eDesk. Make sure you review them all and click Agree & Continue to proceed.
Important: if you’re using the number with the WhatsApp or WhatsApp business app, you must disconnect the number before continuing!
03 Setting up your 360dialog account
What is 360dialog? 360dialog is eDesks chosen WhatsApp business partner, and an official WhatsAPP authorized Business Service Provider.
In order to start sending and receiving WhatsApp messages in eDesk, the WhatsApp API must be integrated through 360dialog.
You will then be redirected to our partner 360dialog and you will be asked to create an account. Enter your Email address, Name, Password and click Sign up.
- Once you create your account, you will be asked to verify it. To do so, simply enter the passcode that is sent to your email account. When this is done, click Submit.
- A few requirements will then be showing on the screen in regards to Facebook and WhatsApp Business accounts. Make sure you fulfil them by ticking each one of them then hit Continue with Facebook to pursue.
04 Verify your Facebook and WhatsApp Business accounts
- After that, you will get redirected to Facebook. Log in if necessary and click Continue as [YOUR NAME].
- In the next step, you simply need to confirm that you want to continue as the user you’re logged in as and hit Get started at the bottom of the screen.
- You then need to quickly review all the permissions displayed on screen and hit Continue.
- After that, select the Meta business account you want to use or create a new one. When you’re done, click Continue at the bottom of the screen.
- At this stage, if your account is missing information you’ll need to update it directly on-screen. Then click Continue.
- You’re almost there! It’s now time to create your WhatsApp Business profile! Choose your display name and hit Continue.
- You will then need to verify your WhatsApp business number, either by SMS or phone call. Choose the method of your choice and hit Send code.
- Congratulations! Your WhatsApp Business number verification is now completed!
Important note on verification:
Facebook Business verification and WhatsApp Business number verification are two very different processes.
If your WhatsApp Business number is verified but your Facebook Business isn’t, everything will still work BUT there will be some restrictions on your account. You will be able to send a maximum of 50 business-initiated conversations from your phone number in a rolling 24 hours period.
If your Facebook Business is verified, there will be no restrictions on your account. To find out how to get your Facebook Business verified, click here.
05 Generate your API keys
- Your WhatsApp Business API account is now created. Your account will either be ready immediately, or if 360dialog servers are busy you’ll get a message to tell you so, and you’ll need to wait for an email.
- Once your account is ready, it’s time to generate your API keys. Simply click on the blue Generate API Keys button.
- Once this is done, your API keys will be displayed directly on-screen. Make sure to store them somewhere safe and then click Continue to eDesk.
- Then you’ll need to input these keys into eDesk. When this is done, click Configure API & complete setup.
Well done! You’ve now connected WhatsApp to eDesk!
If you would like to find out the requirements to connect WhatsApp with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about WhatsApp pricing, click here.