Connecting your eBay channel settings will allow your orders, messages, delivery times, returns and refund details to flow into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your eBay message center and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
You’ll need an eBay Seller account. If you want to find out more about creating one, click here.
01 How do I connect eBay in eDesk?
- Go to the App Store and click the eBay tile under Marketplaces.
- The App page for eBay provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you already have apps for eBay marketplaces installed. Click Install App to go ahead and install a new eBay marketplace.
- A list of the marketplaces is displayed. Click the marketplace you want to add.
Pro Tip: You can get help anytime by clicking the links on the right under How can we help? We provide videos, help files, and a chat option where you can talk to an expert.
- Next, you'll authorize eDesk to connect to the new channel. Click Connect eBay. You'll be taken to an eBay login screen.
02 Log in to eBay
1. Sign into your eBay account.
2. Click the Agree button to allow xSellco to gain access to your eBay account.
3. eBay is now successfully connected to your eDesk account.Note: eDesk will never have access to your login credentials.
03 Where do I see data from eBay in eDesk?
Now that you successfully connected your eBay account, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen:
You will see the eBay data related to each ticket on the right-hand side of every single ticket:
And you also will be able to consult all your eBay orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk:
04 eBay codesWhen you've responded to your buyers from eDesk, you may notice that a code is added automatically to the bottom of your messages, for example, XS[[YJSYNIM6ZOMB0]]. eBay requires us to add these codes to the bottom of their messages; they enable us to track and match up your buyer's replies.
Pro-Tip: If you're concerned about this, we would encourage you to add a signature to your email. The code will then appear below your signature, where it is less obvious. To find out how to add a signature, click here.