Connecting your eBay channel settings will allow your orders, messages, delivery times, returns and refund details to flow into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your eBay message center and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
You’ll need an eBay Seller account. If you want to find out more about creating one, click here.
01 How do I connect eBay in eDesk?
- Go to Settings → Mailbox Settings → Channels.
- Click + Add Channel and select eBay in the Marketplace section.
- Select Authorise eDesk and follow the instructions on-screen.
Note: All marketplaces associated with the eBay store will be automatically added
02 Log in to eBay
1. Sign into your eBay account.
2. Click the Agree button to allow xSellco to gain access to your eBay account.
3. eBay is now successfully connected to your eDesk account.Note: eDesk will never have access to your login credentials.
03 Where do I see data from eBay in eDesk?
Now that you successfully connected your eBay account, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen:
You will see the eBay data related to each ticket on the right-hand side of every single ticket:
And you also will be able to consult all your eBay orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk:
04 eBay codesWhen you've responded to your buyers from eDesk, you may notice that a code is added automatically to the bottom of your messages, for example, XS[[YJSYNIM6ZOMB0]]. eBay requires us to add these codes to the bottom of their messages; they enable us to track and match up your buyer's replies.
Pro-Tip: If you're concerned about this, we would encourage you to add a signature to your email. The code will then appear below your signature, where it is less obvious. To find out how to add a signature, click here.