eBay is a popular online shopping site allowing you to sell products. We understand the importance of delivering an easy way to integrate with eBay so you can have all the information you need in one single place.
Connecting your eBay channel settings will allow your orders, messages, delivery times, returns and refund details to flow into eDesk.
Before you start
You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
You’ll need to connect your eBay store to eDesk. If you want to find out more about it, click here.
01 Channel Settings
- Go to Settings → Mailbox Settings → Channels.
- Click on the eBay channel of your choice.
02 'General' TabeBay Access Expiry
- This is the eBay token expiry date and the renew button.
- If an eBay message is getting a "Retry send" error, renewing the token usually resolves this.
- Be aware that the date will not always show as expired.
- When eBay provides delivery dates, they can use 1 of 2 methods to calculate the dates:
- The earliest delivery time and the latest delivery time (making up the estimated delivery dates on the right-hand side).
- The minimum shipping time which means the date shown is the ordered_at + minimum shipping time.
- However, if the minimum shipping time is used, the date given can often be greater than the earliest delivery time.
- Instead of this occurring, we use an Optimistic shipping date calculation option which means that only the earliest delivery time will be shown.
- This option controls the updates from eBay on resolution cases.
- If the option is switched off, the ticket it will not reopen when the case receives update.
- If the option is switched on, the ticket will reopen each time there is an update received from eBay.
- This option is on by default.
- This means that any eBay system message comes in marked as Waiting.
03 'Mailbox' TabEmail from name (valid for external messages only)
- This masks the "From" email address inside the Recipients email client
- When the customer receives the email into their email client, they will see
- 1 of 3 signature types
- Click here for a step-by-step guide on signatures
- View this order in your own application
- Enter the number of hours for the SLA
- Every system message will create a new ticket when unchecked
- Any tag specified here will be automatically assigned to a ticket when it is received
Now that you successfully connected your eBay channel, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
04 Where do I see data from eBay in eDesk?
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen:
You will see the eBay data related to each ticket on the right-hand side of every single ticket:
And you also will be able to consult all your eBay orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk:
If you would like to find out more about connecting Amazon with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about connecting a Support Email with eDesk, click here.