WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world.
Connecting your WhatsApp Business account to eDesk will mean that any messages sent to your WhatsApp Business account will flow into eDesk, making it easy for your team to deliver fantastic customer care to an even wider customer base.
All messages will continue to be visible in your WhatsApp Business account, including the outbound messages that you send from eDesk.
Before you start
You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You must have a WhatsApp business account and phone number. Some sellers may need approval from a verified Facebook Business Manager. Learn more here.
- You must have a Facebook account and business page.
01 How do I connect WhatsApp in eDesk?
- Go to the App Store and click the WhatsApp tile in the Social Media category.
- The App page for WhatsApp provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you have already installed apps for other WhatsApp accounts. Click Install App to go ahead and install a new WhatsApp business account.
- Select Authorize eDesk.
Pro Tip: You can get help anytime by clicking the links on the right under How can we help? We provide videos, help files, and a chat option where you can talk to an expert.
- Next, you'll be redirected to WhatsApp Business, where you will complete the process. Select Next.
02 Connecting your WhatsApp business account
- Enter your Facebook login.
- Select the WhatsApp business account you want to connect.
- Now, you'll be asked to approve xSellco (eDesk) as an application.
- In eDesk, select the phone number you wish to connect to eDesk and select Next.
- All done! You’ve connected your WhatsApp business account to eDesk. Now, whenever a customer sends you a message via WhatsApp, you’ll see it appear in eDesk.
03 Setting up your WhatsApp templates
Now that you've successfully connected your WhatsApp business account, you'll need to set up your WhatsApp templates in eDesk.
WhatsApp has a restriction called the “24 hour customer care window”. If you don’t reply to the customer’s message within 24 hours, WhatsApp won't allow you to use free text in your reply; instead you'll have to reply using a pre-approved WhatsApp template. To use WhatsApp templates in your eDesk tickets, you'll need to do a little configuration in eDesk. Follow the instructions here.
The most important one is that you must make it very clear to customers that they will be contacting you via WhatsApp. For example, it’s a good idea to say something like Click here to chat with us on WhatsApp. You aren’t allowed to use misleading links or adverts to persuade customers to message you.
05 Where do I see messages from WhatsApp in eDesk?
Now that you’ve connected your WhatsApp Business account, you’ll see a new ticket in the Mailbox for each new customer message. Customers can send text, emoji, and images.
You’ll see the WhatsApp data for the customer and any order details on the right-hand side of every ticket.