Connecting your Etsy account will allow your messages, orders, and order information to flow directly into eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need an Etsy shop. To find out how to create one, click here.
Important Note: due to limitations on Etsy's API, it's not yet possible to respond to your customers directly within eDesk but you will be able to respond within your Etsy account.
01 How do I connect Etsy in eDesk?
- Go to the App Store and click the Etsy tile.
- The App page for Etsy provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk. Click Install App to go ahead and install your Etsy account.
- Click Authorize eDesk.
- Next, you'll be redirected to your Etsy store, where you will complete the process. Click Next.
02 Connecting your Etsy shop
1. Login to Etsy.
2. Next, you will be asked to approve xSellco (eDesk) as an application. If everything went fine, your Etsy account will now be set up and orders from the past will get imported into your eDesk account through the API. The next step will be to set up email forwarding so that incoming queries can be received directly.
03 Setting up email forwardingNow that your store is connected through the API, the next step is to set up email forwarding from the email address you use with your Etsy account so that eDesk can receive incoming messages.
1. Enter the support email address that is attached to your Etsy store and select Next.
2. After that, you will need to choose how you would like to get your emails imported into eDesk, either by setting up Email Forwarding (option 1) or by setting up your IMAP connection (option 2). To find out more about Mail Forwarding, click here.
Note: if you're not sure what option to use, we would recommend using Option 1.
3. Follow the instructions on-screen for the option you chose to finish the setup.
04 Replying to Etsy messages
Important Note: due to limitations on Etsy's API, it's only possible to respond to your customer's messages through Etsy itself at the moment.
Whenever you receive a new customer message, it will get imported directly into eDesk so you can see it in your Mailbox.
When you want to reply to this customer, you will simply need to click on the Reply to orange button within the message in eDesk:
This will then open your Etsy account where you'll be able to send your customer a reply.
We're hoping to make changes to this and allow you to respond to Etsy queries directly within eDesk as soon as Etsy update their API.
05 Where do I see data from Etsy in eDesk?
Now that you successfully connected your Etsy store, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen.
You will see the Etsy data related to each ticket on the right-hand side:
Note: because of an API limitation with Etsy, orders will not be automatically attached to tickets and must be added manually.
And you also will be able to consult all your Etsy orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk:
If you would like to find out more about connecting Amazon with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about connecting eBay with eDesk, click here.