Connecting your Etsy account will allow your messages, orders, and order information to flow directly into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your Etsy account and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need an Etsy shop. To find out how to create one, click here.
01 How do I connect Etsy in eDesk?1. Go to Settings → Mailbox Settings → Channels.
2. Click + Add Channel and select Etsy in the Marketplace section.
3. Click Authorize eDesk to start the setup process.
02 Connecting your Etsy shop1. Click the blue Next button to continue with the onboarding.
2. You will then be redirected to Etsy where you'll need to log into your account.
3. After that, you will be asked to approve Xsellco as an application. If everything went fine, your Etsy account will now be set up and orders from the past will get imported into your eDesk account through the API. The next step will be to set up email forwarding so that incoming queries can be received directly.
03 Setting up email forwardingNow that your store is connected through the API, you can send outgoing messages from your Etsy store through your eDesk account. The next step is to set up email forwarding from the email address you use with your Etsy account so that eDesk can receive incoming messages.
1. Enter the support email address that is attached to your Etsy store and select Next.
2. After that, you will need to choose how you would like to get your emails imported into eDesk, either by setting up Email Forwarding (option 1) or by setting up your IMAP connection (option 2). To find out more about Mail Forwarding, click here.
Note: if you're not sure what option to use, we would recommend using Option 1.
3. Follow the instructions on-screen for the option you chose to finish the setup.
04 Where do I see data from Etsy in eDesk?
Now that you successfully connected your Etsy store, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen:
You will see the Etsy data related to each ticket on the right-hand side of every single ticket:
Note: because of an API limitation with Etsy, orders will not be automatically attached to tickets and must be added manually.
And you also will be able to consult all your Etsy orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk:
If you would like to find out more about connecting Amazon with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about connecting eBay with eDesk, click here.