You may want to assign tickets to your teammates if they’re better suited to solving the issue or if you’re overwhelmed.
How to assign a ticket owner in eDesk
When you’re working on a ticket in eDesk it’s easy to change the owner: Just select the assign owner icon and select the person whom you want to assign.
If your teammate is already the ticket owner you’ll see their initials on it. In this case, you can change the owner by clicking on the initials and selecting the teammate whom you’d like to make the new owner.
Assigning an owner without opening the ticket
You can also assign an owner by using the quick options when you hover over a ticket. To do this just hover over the ticket to see the quick options and click the add owner icon.
Automatically assigning owners by using rules
You can use Message Rules to tell eDesk to automatically assign certain tickets to team members based on the conditions you decide.
The easiest way to think about this in words is as if, then statements...If [condition] then [assign to teammate x].
(in the above image all tickets that eDesk detects as being French will automatically be assigned to Nicole)
Here are a few of the ways that you can use rules:
- If someone on the team deals with particular ticket types
- If [ticket type is return] then [assign to agent x]
- If someone on the team deals with tickets related to particular products
- If [product SKU is x] then [assign to agent x]
- If someone on the team deals with tickets related to certain order statuses
- If [order status is Payment Rejected] then [assign to agent x]
There are endless ways to uplevel your inbox efficiency with rules once you get the hang of it.