Woocommerce is a popular ecommerce platform allowing you to create an online store and sell products. We understand the importance of delivering an easy way to integrate with Woocommerce so you can have all the information you need in one single place.
Connecting your Woocomerce account will allow your messages, orders and order information to flow directly into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your Woocommerce account and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a Woocommerce account. To find out how to create one, click here.
1. Go to Settings → Channels.
01 How do I connect Woocommerce in eDesk?
2. Click + Add Channel and select WooCommerce from the list.
3. Click Authorize xSellco to send and receive messages from your WooCommerce store.
Note: Don’t worry, xSellco will only have access to your messages and customer order information; we cannot access your login details or other confidential information.
Next, you will be asked to enter your WooCommerce web URL, Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.
Note: If you do not have these or are unsure of where to find them, you can find them easily by following this handy guide or the instructions below.
02 Find your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret in WooCommerce
1. First of all, log into your Woocommerce account and enable the REST API via Settings → Advanced → Legacy API and tick the Enable the legacy REST API checkbox.
2. After that, go back to the Rest API tab and click Add Key.
3. On the Key details screen, add a Description.
4. Select the User you would like to generate a key for in the dropdown.
5. Select a level of access for this API key — Read access, Write access or Read/Write access.
5. Select Generate API Key and WooCommerce will then create the API keys for that user.
6. Now that keys have been generated, you should see Consumer Key and Consumer Secret keys, a QRCode, and a Revoke API Key button.
Once you have entered your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret into eDesk, select Next.
03 Set up Email Forwarding
Now that your store is connected, the next step is to set up email forwarding so that eDesk can receive your incoming Woocommerce messages.1. First, you will be asked to enter your Support Email address (the email address you use with your WooCommerce account). Once this is done, click Next.
2. The second step will be to choose between Forwarding incoming emails directly or Pulling emails from your IMAP server.
Option 1: Forwarding incoming emails directly (recommended)1. Select Click here to set up forwarding in your eDesk account.
2. Then click on Copy your new xSellco email address so you can add this to your email client settings.
Note: If you’re not sure how to add your xSellco email address to your email client settings, simply click on Show me how just below the box for more detailed instructions.
3. In your email client, set up email forwarding using your eDesk Email address as your forwarding address, and click Next to proceed through the rest of the steps to complete the process.
4. Once the issue is resolved, you can hit Try again to test if the connection is now set up fine.
Option 2: Pulling emails from your IMAP server1. Select Click here to setup your IMAP connection in your eDesk account.
2. From there, you will be asked to enter the IMAP details from your server.
3. Click Next to proceed through the rest of the steps to complete the process.
Note: If you’re not sure how to find your IMAP details, we would advise contacting your email support provider for assistance.
Once you have successfully completed the setup, you will now be able to send and receive messages from your WooCommerce store into eDesk. Your first new message in WooCommerce will now be displayed as a ticket in your Mailbox.
Further ReadingsIf you would like to find out more about connecting Magento with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about connecting BigCommerce with eDesk, click here.