Connecting your WooCommerce store to eDesk is very simple. Follow the steps below so you can start sending and receiving your WooCommerce messages from within your eDesk account.
Before you start
Connect your WooCommerce store
- Select your avatar in the top right-hand corner.
- Go to Settings → Channels.
- Click + Add Channel and select WooCommerce from the list.
- Click Authorize xSellco to send and receive messages from your WooCommerce store.
Note: Don’t worry, xSellco will only have access to your messages and customer order information; we cannot access your login details or other confidential information.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your WooCommerce web URL, Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.
Note: If you do not have these or are unsure of where to find them, you can find them easily by following this handy guide or the instructions below.
Find your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret in WooCommerce:
- First of all, log into your Woocommerce account and enable the REST API via Settings → Advanced → Legacy API and tick the Enable the legacy REST API checkbox.
- After that, go back to the Rest API tab and click Add Key.
- On the Key details screen, add a Description.
- Select the User you would like to generate a key for in the dropdown.
- Select a level of access for this API key — Read access, Write access or Read/Write access.
- Select Generate API Key and WooCommerce will then create the API keys for that user.
Now that keys have been generated, you should see Consumer Key and Consumer Secret keys, a QRCode, and a Revoke API Key button.
Once you have entered your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret into eDesk, select Next.
Set up Email Forwarding
Now that your store is connected, the next step is to set up email forwarding so that eDesk can receive your incoming Woocommerce messages.
- First, you will be asked to enter your Support Email address (the email address you use with your WooCommerce account). Once this is done, click Next.
- The second step will be to choose between Forwarding incoming emails directly or Pulling emails from your IMAP server.
Option 1: Forwarding incoming emails directly (recommended)
- Select Click here to set up forwarding in your eDesk account.
- Then click on Copy your new xSellco email address so you can add this to your email client settings.
Note: If you’re not sure how to add your xSellco email address to your email client settings, simply click on Show me how just below the box for more detailed instructions.
- In your email client, set up email forwarding using your eDesk Email address as your forwarding address, and click Next to proceed through the rest of the steps to complete the process.
Once the issue is resolved, you can hit Try again to test if the connection is now set up fine.
Option 2: Pulling emails from your IMAP server
- Select Click here to setup your IMAP connection in your eDesk account.
- From there, you will be asked to enter the IMAP details from your server.
Note: If you’re not sure how to find your IMAP details, we would advise contacting your email support provider for assistance.
- Click Next to proceed through the rest of the steps to complete the process.
Once you have successfully completed the setup, you will now be able to send and receive messages from your WooCommerce store into eDesk. Your first new message in WooCommerce will now be displayed as a ticket in your Mailbox.