Walmart is a popular online marketplace in America allowing you to sell products.
Connecting your Walmart account will allow your messages, orders and order information to flow directly into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your Walmart account and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a Walmart Seller account. To find out how to create one, click here.
01 How do I connect Walmart in eDesk?
- Go to the App Store and click the Walmart tile.
- The App page for Walmart provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk. Click Install App to go ahead and install a new Walmart account.
- Click Authorize eDesk.
- A list of Walmart regions is displayed. Click your region.
02 Authorizing in Walmart
1. Log into Walmart Developer Center by clicking here.
2. In your portal, click the Add New Key For a Solution Provider option to display a dropdown that lists the solution providers.4. Select xSellco and then click Add Provider.
5. xSellco’s settings are then displayed.7. Click Submit.
8. On the left side of the table in the xSellco row, there are Copy buttons for the Client ID and Client Secret.
8. Copy the Client ID and Client Secret into eDesk.
03 Authorizing in eDesk1. Go back to your eDesk account and open your Walmart channel settings.
2. Click the Walmart Details tab to open the Walmart Details page.
3. Paste the Client ID and Client Secret into the Client ID and Client Secret fields.
4. Click Next to save the details and finish the configuration.
04 Setting up email forwarding
Now that your account is connected, you can send outgoing messages from your Walmart store through your eDesk account. The next step is to set up email forwarding from the email address you use with your Walmart account so that eDesk can receive incoming messages.
- Enter the support email address that is attached to your Walmart store and select Next.
- Copy your eDesk email address and open your email client in a separate window.
- In your email client, set up email forwarding using your eDesk email address as your forwarding address and proceed through the rest of the steps to complete your setup. To find out more about Mail Forwarding, click here.
- If you would like step-by-step instructions on email forwarding for your email client, click the Show me how button.
Note: If you receive the Verification failed pop-up after proceeding through the steps, please click the Need more help link for troubleshooting instructions within your email client.
05 Where do I see data from Walmart in eDesk?
Now that you successfully connected your Walmart webstore, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen:
You will see the Walmart data related to each ticket on the right-hand side of every single ticket:
And you also will be able to consult all your Walmart orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk:
If you would like to find out more about connecting Amazon with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about connecting eBay with eDesk, click here.