Connecting your PrestaShop account will allow your messages, orders, and order information to flow directly into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your PrestaShop account and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a PrestaShop account. To find out how to create one, click here.
Note: at least 1.6.1 version of PrestaShop is required to integrate with eDesk.
01 How do I connect PrestaShop in eDesk?
- Go to the App Store and click the PrestaShop tile.
- The App Store page for PrestaShop provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you already have an app for a PrestaShop webstore installed. Click Install App to go ahead and install a PrestaShop webstore.
- Click Authorize eDesk.
- You'll be taken to a page of instructions that explain how to generate a webservice key in PrestaShop. You'll need this key to complete connecting your PrestaShop webstore to eDesk. Open a new browser tab, login to the Admin panel in PrestaShop and follow these instructions. Then click Next.
- Now you can resume connecting your PrestaShop webstore in eDesk. Enter your PrestaShop Webstore URL and Webservice key in the boxes provided.
- Select Next and Done.
If your credentials are correct, your PrestaShop account will now be set up to send messages directly from your eDesk account. The next step will be to set up email forwarding so that incoming queries can be received directly.
02 Setting up email forwarding
Now that your store is connected through the API, you can send outgoing messages from your Allegro store through your eDesk account.
The next step is to set up email forwarding from the email address you use with your Allegro account so that eDesk can receive incoming messages.
- Enter the support email address that is attached to your Allegro store and select Next.
- Copy your eDesk email address and open your email client in a separate window.
- In your email client, set up email forwarding using your eDesk email address as your forwarding address and proceed through the rest of the steps to complete your setup. To find out more about Mail Forwarding, click here.
- If you would like step-by-step instructions on email forwarding for your email client, click the Show me how button.
Note: If you receive the Verification failed pop-up after proceeding through the steps, please click the Need more help link for troubleshooting instructions within your email client.
03 Where do I see data from PrestaShop in eDesk?
Now that you successfully connected your PrestaShop webstore, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen:You will see the PrestaShop data related to each ticket on the right-hand side of every single ticket:And you also will be able to consult all your PrestaShop orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk: