This help file will show you how you can easily start automating Magento feedback requests in your eDesk account.
Before you start
- eDesk Feedback is available as an Add-On. To find more information, click here.
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a Magento seller account. To find out more about this, click here.
01 How does it work?The Magento Feedback integration allows you to set up eDesk to automatically request reviews on Magento when a customer purchases from your business. All you need to do is set up rules that determine when and under what circumstances the feedback request is sent, and you'll write the feedback message that will be sent to your customer. Then eDesk does the rest. Easy!
When your customers respond to the feedback request and write a review, the review is left on your Magento webstore.
02 How do I connect eDesk with Magento?Connecting Magento to your eDesk account is a straightforward process. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Click the Feedback button in the main menu.
The Feedback Overview is opened. Click here to learn all about this page.
- Click Add Magento, to open the App Store page for Magento.)
- The App Store page for Magento provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you already have an app for a Magento store installed.
Click Install App to go ahead and install a new Magento store.
- Click Connect Feedback to open the channel wizard.
- Select the version of Magento you want to connect with eDesk Feedback, and whether you prefer to connect via the eDesk extension for Magento, or via API.
- Click Next.
Note: If you're not sure which version your Magento store is, click here.
- Keep this channel wizard page open in eDesk, and open a new browser tab which you will use to login to your Magento account. We’ll return to the eDesk page shortly.
- To connect via the eDesk extension for Magento 1, click here and follow the steps in sections:
03 Uploading the Extension
04 Configuring the Extension
To connect to Magento 1 via API, click here and follow the steps in sections:
03 Adding a User in Magento
04 Connecting with eDesk (ignore the last step "The final step is to set up mail forwarding in your email inbox settings to forward the Magento messages to eDesk." since it doesn't apply to eDesk Feedback).
To connect via the eDesk extension for Magento 2, click here and follow the steps in sections:
03 Installing the eDesk extension in Magento
04 Configuring the Extension
To connect to Magento 2 via API, click here and follow the steps in sections:
02 Enter credentials
- And that's all you need to do! You'll get a confirmation message if the connection is successful. Well done!
03 Creating Magento Feedback rulesNow that your Magento account is connected to eDesk, you need to set up one or more Feedback rules that tell eDesk when to automatically send your Feedback requests.
Click Feedback in the main menu once more.
- The Feedback Overview is opened again. Click here for information about this page.
- Click Rules in the sidebar to display the Rules page. Here's where you'll see your connected channels listed horizontally at the top of the screen. You should see Magento in the list. The number in brackets shows the number of feedback rules for the channel. For Magento, this will be 0 because you have yet to create a rule for this channel.
- Click Magento to open the Rules listing for Magento.
- Click Create a Feedback Rule (or the Create a Rule button at the top of the page).
- Follow the instructions here to create a new Feedback Rule for Magento.
Once you have created a rule, you'll see it in the Magento tab in the Rules page.
Click the Feedback icon in the main menu to reopen the Feedback Overview page.
You'll see a Magento icon in the Rules Running box.
Congratulations! eDesk will now start emailing your customers to ask for feedback on their Magento orders. That's one less job for you to do!