Magento is a popular eCommerce platform allowing you to create an online store and sell products.
Connecting your Magento account will allow your messages, orders and order information to flow directly into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your Magento account and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a Magento account. To find out how to create one, click here.
Note: This guide outlines the Version 2 API, if you wanted instructions to set up the Version 1 click here.
01 How do I connect Magento in eDesk?
- Go to the App Store and click the Magento tile.
- The App Store page for Magento provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you already have an app for a Magento store installed. Click Install App to go ahead and install a new Magento store.
- Click Connect eDesk to start the setup process.
- You will then be prompted to select how you would like to connect your Magento store to eDesk. Select API Integration for Magento 2.Note: If you're not sure which version your Magento store is, click here.
02 Enter credentialsYou can then simply follow the steps below to link your Magento V2 store.
- Enter the Magento username and password.
- Enter the URL of your Magento store.
- Enter your website ID (if you only have 1 Magento store, leave this section blank).
03 Mail Forwarding
The final step is to set up mail forwarding in your email inbox settings to forward the Magento messages to eDesk. To find out more about this, click here.
04 Where do I see data from Magento in eDesk?
Now that you successfully connected your Magento webstore, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen:
You will see the Magento data related to each ticket on the right-hand side of every single ticket:
And you also will be able to consult all your Magento orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk: