Magento is a popular eCommerce platform allowing you to create an online store and sell products. We understand the importance of delivering an easy way for eDesk to work with Magento so you can have all the information you need in one single place.
Connecting your Magento account will allow your messages, orders and order information to flow directly into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your Magento account and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a Magento account. To find out how to create one, click here.
Note: This guide outlines the installation of Magento Version 1 through the Extension, if you wanted the instructions to set up Magento V1 through the API click here.
01 How do I connect Magento in eDesk?
- Go to Settings → Mailbox Settings → Channels.
- Click + Add Channel and select Magento in the Webstore section.
02 Downloading and Installing the Extension
You will be prompted to select how you would like to connect your Magento store to eDesk, simply select Use extension (most popular) for Magento 1.
Note: If you're not sure which version your Magento store is, click here.
To install the extension, click on Next. The extension will download as a TGZ file and the next step would be to configure the eDesk extension inside of your Magento account.
03 Uploading the Extension
- Log into your Magento account.
- Go to System→ Magento Connect→ Magento Connect Manager
3. Once logged in, upload the TGZ file downloaded previously in Step 2.
04 Configuring the Extension
- Leave Magento Connect and return to your store.
- Go to System→ Configuration.
- Once on the new menu, simply select Sales→ eDesk.
4. Enter the admin email of your eDesk account and press Save.
Note: Your API token is available on the channel wizard page from Step 2 inside eDesk.
5. Return to the channel wizard page inside eDesk and click I have completed these steps.
05 Linking your Magento store and Connecting your Email
Unless you have changed your WSDL, you can move to the next step and select the store you want to connect.
The final step is to set up mail forwarding in your email inbox settings to forward the Magento messages to eDesk. To find out more about this, click here.
05 Where do I see data from Magento in eDesk?
Now that you successfully connected your Magento webstore, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your buyer messages on the Mailbox screen:
You will see the Magento data related to each ticket on the right-hand side of every single ticket:
And you also will be able to consult all your Magento orders directly on the Orders screen in eDesk: