Channelengine.com is a marketplace solution that supports over 250 marketplaces and 3rd party sales channels. Connecting ChannelEngine to eDesk allows you to support all your customer queries for these channels in one place. When managing multiple marketplaces, it allows you to synchronize stock and price changes whilst also automatically importing and updating product information.
Connecting your ChannelEngine account will allow your messages, orders and order information to flow directly into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered through your ChannelEngine account and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a ChannelEngine account. To find out how to create one, click here.
01 How do I connect ChannelEngine in eDesk?
- Go to the App Store and click the ChannelEngine tile in the Marketplaces category.
- The App Store page for ChannelEngine provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you already have an app for a ChannelEngine marketplace installed. Click Install App to go ahead and install a new ChannelEngine marketplace.
- Click Connect eDesk to start the setup process.
02 Setting up your store
1. Enter your ChannelEngine URL and API Key within eDesk.
Note: If you need help finding your ChannelEngine URL or ChannelEngine API key, you can scroll down to the relevant section, click here.
2. Select the ChannelEngine channel you wish to integrate with eDesk.
3. Select whether you want to use basic forwarding (recommended) or IMAP to receive your messages, and add your support email. To find out more about this, click here.
4. Enter the email address for the channel.
Note: The name you enter is not used in the mail exchange but will be the address shown in the Channel Settings.
5. Select whether you want to use the eDesk email address as the From address or a personalized email address using SMTP. To find out more, click here.
Note: If you want to connect to another ChannelEngine channel or another ChannelEngine account, you can follow the above steps again.
The ChannelEngine URL is the first part of the url shown when you're signed into your ChannelEngine account.
To find your API keys within ChannelEngine, please go to Settings → Merchant API keys.
If you need to create a new key API key, go to Settings → Merchant API Keys then select Add under Merchant API Key.
This will automatically generate an API key. Give the API key a name - this is just a label and does not affect the setup. Once created, go back to eDesk and enter the API key to finish the setup.