Stay on top of invoicing and save time by creating templates that you can use to automatically generate invoices for your order-related tickets.
This help file will guide you through how you can use Invoice Templates in your eDesk account.
Before you start
- You’ll need to have access to Templates in your Settings in order to view, create and edit templates. If you don’t have access, you can request it from an Admin user within your business.
- You’ll need to have at least one Invoice template created in your eDesk account. To find out how to add one, click here.
01 Send an invoice in reply to an order-related ticket
This is a very simple scenario, you just received an email from a buyer requesting their invoice and you’re looking to quickly send it to them. These instructions tell you exactly what to do.
- Go to your Mailbox.
- Choose the message you wish to respond to.
- Click Reply to open the Reply box.
- Select the Attach Invoice option in the toolbar (you will see the invoice attached to the email right after).
- Click Send to send the email.
Pro Tip: There’s also another, quicker way for you to do this by selecting the three dots next to the order number on the right-hand side of the ticket and hit Send invoice to customer.
02 Send an invoice through an eDesk template
Within eDesk, you can create Templates, which are pre-written responses that you can use to send a personalized message at the click of a button. You can find more information on setting up templates in your account if you click here.
Now, let’s say that you want to send the invoice to your buyer but add a nice personalized message along with it. You can set this up very easily by following the instructions below.
- Go to Settings → Smart Tools → Templates.
- Select an existing template or create a new one from scratch.
- Scroll down to attachments and tick the box Attach Invoice
- Scroll further down and Save Changes
Pro Tip: Use a customized template with the buyer’s invoice included improving their overall purchase experience more personalized. This will increase your chances of getting great feedback and of having them buy from you again in the future.
If you would like to find out more about Templates and personalizing your messages with eDesk’s in-built snippets, click here.
Interested to find out more about automating your Amazon invoicing through Amazon VAT Calculation Service (VCS)? Click here.