This help file will show you how you can easily start automating Amazon feedback requests in your eDesk account.
Before you start
- eDesk Feedback is available as an Add-On. To find more information, click here.
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need an Amazon account. To find out more about this, click here.
01 How does it work?The Amazon Feedback integration allows you to set up eDesk to automatically request reviews on Amazon when a customer purchases from your business. All you need to do is set up rules that determine when and under what circumstances the feedback request is sent, and you'll write the feedback message that will be sent to your customer. Then eDesk does the rest - easy!
- When your customers respond to the feedback request and write a seller feedback, these are left on your Amazon storefront:
- When your customers respond to the feedback request and write a product review, these are left on the product's page:
02 How do I connect Amazon with eDesk?
Connecting Amazon to your eDesk account is a straightforward process. Simply follow the instructions below:
Click the Feedback button in the main menu.
- The Feedback Overview is opened. Click here to learn all about this page.
- Click Add a Channel, to open the App store.
- In the App Store, click the Amazon tile.
- The App page for Amazon provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you have already connected apps for Amazon. Click Install App to go ahead and connect Amazon to eDesk Feedback.
- Click the Amazon tile in Marketplaces in the Get Connected! page.
- Click the tile for the country that your Amazon marketplace is in, e.g., Spain.
- Click the Connect Amazon button.
- Login to your Amazon account. You'll then be asked to authorize xSellco. This allows eDesk to connect to Amazon. Tick the I understand box.
- You'll get a confirmation message if the connection is successful. Well done!
03 Setting up the Mailbox
The next step is required to set up your mailbox, so you'll be able to send messages in eDesk. At the top of the screen, you'll find your new eDesk email address. You'll need to copy and use it for all of the following step.
Add Alternative Address to Amazon (add eDesk as a sender)
To ensure messages can be sent from your eDesk mailbox you'll need to add you new eDesk address to Amazon.
- Copy the new eDesk email from above again.
- Navigate to Messaging Permissions in Amazon
- Click '+Add an email address' and add your new eDesk channel address.
- Press 'Save' to update Amazon and then return here to go on to the next step.
04 Amazon Feedback RulesNow that your Amazon account is connected to eDesk, let's look at Feedback rules.
Click Feedback in the main menu once more.
The Feedback Overview is opened again.
In the Rules Running box, you'll see a number with the Amazon icon below it. The number indicates the number of rules that have been set up for Amazon; in the example below, there is 1 rule. Unless you have already set up your own rule for Amazon, this rule will be the default rule. The default rule is created by the eDesk team, and it's activated for all newly connected channels. You can either use it unchanged, or edit it to meet your own requirements. See below for details on the default rule for Amazon.
- Click Rules in the sidebar to display the Rules page. Here's where you'll see your connected channels listed horizontally at the top of the screen. The number in brackets shows the number of feedback rules for the channel. In the example below, Amazon has been enabled for Feedback and currently has one rule activated.
To find out how to edit your Rules or create a new Feedback Rule for Amazon, click here.