eDesk connects to eBay through eBay's API. As a verified eBay partner, we will only have secure access to limited information.
Because we cannot access your login details or other confidential information, the connection is made via an eBay token instead.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need to previously have eBay added to your eDesk account. To find out how to connect this channel, click here.
01 Why did my eBay token expire?
Sometimes, the token needs to be renewed if for example, it has expired or if the connection has been disabled.
You may from time to time receive an error when sending an eBay message and a Retry Send button will appear. eBay can also disable the token as a security measure to ensure that the 3rd party software connected to your account is still in use. Pro Tip: if you receive one of these Retry Send error messages, you can easily hover on the button itself to display the exact reason why the message wouldn't send.
02 How to renew access for eBay in eDesk?
- Go to Settings → Mailbox Settings → Channels.
- Select the eBay channel in question and select the General tab.
- You can then click the Renew Access button and follow the instructions on screen.
You will be prompted to sign in with your eBay credentials to re-establish your connection.Note: the date you see in the eBay Access Expiry section isn't the date your eBay token is due to expire, it's simply an indication and your token could still be expired before that date.