The Pre-Sales section separates sales opportunity queries (Pre-Sales) from regular queries. It houses product queries from customers who have not placed an order.
If you do not have any Pre-Sales section displayed in your eDesk account, this simply means that you don't have any Pre-Sales ticket yet.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
01 Pre-Sale Tickets
The Pre-Sales section appears on the left-hand side of the Mailbox tab and it acts like all other sections (New/To Do), in that any tickets that show in the Pre-Sales section also show in the New/To Do sections.
Pre-Sale tickets are categorized based on the following conditions:
- No order attached
- No outgoing message
- ‘Product Query’ ticket type
02 Pre-Sales Icons
Pre-Sale tickets have their own unique SLA icons to help you quickly understand if it's a hot lead or not:
- Flame: 24 - 22 hours (hot lead).
- Cloud: 12 - 22 hours (not so hot lead).
- Snowflake: older than 12 hours (cold lead).
03 Information in a Pre-Sale Ticket
The ticket contains the regular ticket layout, a reply box with an image of the product (when available), and the product title. Note: You can also click the link to view the item in the marketplace.
04 Pre-Sales ReportingThe Pre-Sales Dashboard must be enabled for each user in User Permissions. To do this, simply:
- Go to Settings → Company Settings → Users.
- Select the user you want to enable the Pre-Sales Dashboard for.
- Click on the Permissions→ Dashboard → Mailbox | Pre-Sales.
After that, you can view the Pre-Sales dashboard via Dashboard→ Mailbox→ Pre-Sales, on the left-hand side of the screen.
- The bar chart shows the number of Pre-sale tickets and the number of those which converted into a sale.
- A Pre-Sale ticket counts as a conversion if an order is placed on the same channel within 7 days of receiving the Pre-Sale ticket from the same consumer.
- 7 days is the default setting but this can be changed in Settings → Company Settings → Mailbox tab → Pre-Sales.
- The Channel table shows the number of Pre-Sale tickets per channel.
- The orders converted table shows the last 5 Pre-Sale tickets which converted into a sale.
If you would like to find out more about connecting Enterprise Reporting with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about Tags and Tag Groups with eDesk, click here.