Klaviyo is a cloud-based marketing automation and email marketing tool that helps businesses create personalized, targeted campaigns and manage customer communications. It offers a wide range of features, such as email templates, automation workflows, segmentation, and advanced analytics, making it a popular choice among eCommerce businesses.
Connecting Klaviyo to eDesk will enable you to manage outbound marketing communications and incoming customer messages in eDesk, enhancing your marketing campaigns, and improving customer engagement. By creating custom rules in eDesk for Klaviyo, you'll instruct eDesk to send events automatically to Klaviyo upon receipt of certain types of customer message. What are you waiting for? Let's get started!
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You must have a Klaviyo account.
01 How do I connect eDesk to Klaviyo?
- First of all, you'll need to generate an API key for Klaviyo. This is a simple process - just follow the instructions here. When creating the new Key, you need to select Full Access Key to enable eDesk to interact appropriately with Klaviyo.
- Copy the API Key onto your clipboard, by selecting it and using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C on a Windows computer and Cmd+C on a Mac.
- Go to the App Store and in the Automation & Management category, select the Klaviyo tile.
- The App page for Klaviyo provides an overview of how Klaviyo works with eDesk. Select Install App to go ahead and install an App that will connect eDesk to your Klaviyo account.
- Follow the steps on screen and when you see the Klaviyo tab in the Integrations page, enter the API key you created in step 1. You can paste it in from the clipboard, by clicking the API Key field and then using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V on a Windows computer and Cmd+V on a Mac.
- Select Save changes.
02 How eDesk rules work with Klaviyo
Once you've connected eDesk to Klaviyo, you can start creating rules. The rules will contain conditions that define a certain type of customer message, and also in the rule, you'll define an event that is sent to Klaviyo if a message comes in that match those conditions. For example, the conditions could define "VIP customer", and the event could be "EDESK_VIP", in which case eDesk would automatically send a EDESK_VIP event to Klaviyo when it receives a message from one of your VIP customers.
When eDesk sends an event to Klaviyo, it includes the email of the customer whose message triggered the rule. If the message has come in from a webstore, this enables Klaviyo to identify the customer and match the event to their customer profile in Klaviyo.
The event is displayed in the Metrics page in Klaviyo.
Once the eDesk events start appearing in Klaviyo, you can create a Flow in Klaviyo for each event. For example, if a eDesk sends an event that means that a VIP customer has given poor feedback, you might create a Flow for this event that sends them a coupon via text message.
03 Default Klaviyo rulesOnce you connect eDesk and Klaviyo, eDesk automatically creates 4 new message rules for you to use with Klaviyo. These are designed to help you get started using Klaviyo with eDesk. You can see them if you go to Settings → Smart Tools → Message Rules in eDesk.
These rules will trigger eDesk to send an event to Klaviyo if the following occurs:
1)The customer has an open ticket in eDesk
2) The customer has a resolved ticket in eDesk
3) The customer has left a negative CSAT response
4) The customer has left a positive CSAT response.
These rules are created ACTIVE which means they will start working immediately. If you want to switch them off, go to Settings → Smart Tools → Message Rules and select the rule. Then unselect the Active checkbox to deactivate the rule.
04 Creating new rules for Klaviyo
In eDesk, users can create rules containing conditions that determine when to send events to Klaviyo. For example, a rule might state that when a VIP customer with negative sentiment sends a message to the eDesk inbox, an event should be sent to Klaviyo.
- Follow the instructions in this help file to create a new rule and add conditions.
Give your rule a name that indicates the purpose of the rule.
Select Send Event to Klaviyo.
Enter the event name that you want to use into the Kiviyo Event Name field.
Select Active if you want the rule to start working straight away.
- Select Save changes.
- Once the events arrive in Klaviyo, you can create a flow for each event.
If you’re interested in connecting eBay with eDesk, click here.
If you're interested in learning more about connecting Shipstation with eDesk, click here.