ShipStation is a web-based order and delivery management software for the UK. We understand the importance of delivering an easy way for eDesk to work with Shipstation so you can have all the information you need in one single place.
Connecting your Shipstation account will allow the tracking data for all your orders to flow directly into eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a ShipStation account. To find out how to create one, click here.
01 How do I connect ShipStation in eDesk?
To pull information from ShipStation we need to create a ShipStation 'API Key' and 'API Secret'. To create these, simply follow the instructions below:1. Log in to ShipStation.
2. Go to Settings on the top right-hand side of the screen.
3. Select Account → API Settings.
4. Click Regenerate API Keys.
5. Your new API Key and API Secret will appear on-screen.
These will be needed to copy into eDesk.
02 Updating the API in eDesk
Now we will need to input this 'API Key' and 'API Secret' into eDesk.1. Go back into your eDesk account.
2. Go to Integrations in the Mailbox Settings section.
3. Select ShipStation and +Add Account.
4. Then paste your API Key and API Secret in the fields.
4. Once this is done, click Save Changes.
03 Adding multiple ShipStation accountsYou can add multiple ShipStation accounts to eDesk. Once connected, go to Settings → Channels and select the channel in question.
In the Integrations tab of the channel, you will see a dropdown of the connected accounts.
04 Where do I see data from ShipStation in eDesk?Now that you successfully connected your ShipStation account, we will import tracking data directly into your eDesk account.
You will see the ShipStation tracking data on the right-hand side of every single ticket:
If there's no tracking URL showing, there'll be a new button which after clicked will refresh/source the tracking URL from ShipStation and store it permanently.
Note: the Shipstation app does not update the dispatched and delivered dates for the orders, this is still set by the marketplace.