Connecting your Bol.com account to eDesk will allow your Bol.com order information to flow directly into eDesk. eDesk will receive emails that you normally receive to your Bol.com email address.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a Bol.com seller account. To find out how to create one, see here.
01 How do I connect Bol.com in eDesk?
- Go to the App Store and select the Bol.com tile under Marketplaces.
- The App page for Bol.com provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk.
- Select Install App to go ahead and install the Bol.com App in eDesk.
- Select Authorize eDesk.
This opens the Connect your Bol.com store page.
02 Connecting your Bol.com account
Next, we show you how to get your API key and Client ID for eDesk from Bol.com. eDesk will use this key to unlock access to the Bol.com account that belongs to your Client ID, so that your eDesk account can receive order information from your Bol.com account.
In the Connect your Bol.com store page, select the Bol link to open Bol.com in a new browser tab.
In Bol.com, login and follow the instructions here which explain how to generate an API key in Bol.com. Where Bol.com ask you to enter a name for the credentials, we suggest you enter "eDesk" so that in future, you can quickly identify that this is the API Key for eDesk.
Once you've created the credentials, you'll see a Client ID and a "Toon secret" hyperlink for eDesk in Bol.com. Copy this Client ID (by selecting it and using Ctrl+c on a Windows computer or Cmd+c on a Mac).
Jump back to your eDesk window, and paste your Client ID into the Client ID field (by clicking in the Client ID field and then using Ctrl+v on a Windows computer or Cmd+v on a Mac).
- Return to Bol.com and click Toon secret. A dialog box opens that displays the API key below the heading Client secret.
Copy this API key (by selecting it and using Ctrl+c on a Windows computer or Cmd+c on a Mac).
Jump back to your eDesk window, and paste the API key into the Client Secret field (by clicking in the Client Secret field and then using Ctrl+v on a Windows computer or Cmd+v on a Mac).
Note: If you see any errors, please repeat steps 2 to 8. Any further problems, contact the eDesk team who are always ready to help.
In eDesk, select Next. You should see a page that enables you to set up mail forwarding in eDesk and Bol.com so that the messages that customers send to your Bol.com account will appear in your eDesk Mailbox.
As per the instructions in step 1 on screen, copy your eDesk email address (by selecting it and using Ctrl+c on a Windows computer or Cmd+c on a Mac).
As per the instructions in step 2 on screen, follow the instructions in this help file (in step 2, select the Bol.com channel).
As per the instructions in step 2 on screen, type the email address that you use to receive customer messages in Bol.com.
Select I have done this, Next Step.
- Now click here to open this page in Bol.com (you may need to log back into Bol.com to access this):
- Paste your eDesk email address into the Contact email address field (by clicking in the Contact email address field and then using Ctrl+v on a Windows computer or Cmd+v on a Mac). This will instruct Bol.com to forward all customer messages from Bol.com to your eDesk Mailbox.
- In the Orders and returns section, select the checkbox labelled Same as contact email address. This will instruct Bol.com forward all orders and returns from Bol.com to your eDesk Mailbox and Orders section.
Note: You can use your usual (not eDesk) email address into Billing and Logistics via bol.com fields, as you may not want these to arrive in eDesk.
Job done! eDesk and Bol.com are now able to communicate and you'll start to see Bol.com orders and customer messages flowing into eDesk.
03 Where do I see data from Bol.com in eDesk?
Now that your Bol.com store is connected to eDesk, eDesk will import data directly into your eDesk account.
- You will be able to see bol.com on the Mailbox page.
- You will see the relevant Bol.com order details.
- And you'll also see all your Bol.com orders together on the Orders page.
Note: The Orders page checks for new Bol.com orders every 30 minutes.
To find out more about connecting Amazon with eDesk, click here.
If you'd like to learn how to connect eBay with eDesk, click here.