This help file will show you how you can easily start automating WooCommerce feedback requests in your eDesk account.
Before you start
- eDesk Feedback is available as an Add-On. To find more information, click here.
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a WooCommerce account. To find out more about this, click here.
01 How does it work?The WooCommerce Feedback integration allows you to set up eDesk to automatically request reviews on WooCommerce when a customer purchases from your business. All you need to do is set up rules that determine when and under what circumstances the feedback request is sent, and you'll write the feedback message that will be sent to your customer. Then eDesk does the rest. Easy!
When your customers respond to the feedback request and write a review, the review is left on your WooCommerce webstore.
02 How do I connect eDesk with WooCommerce?Connecting WooCommerce to your eDesk account is a straightforward process. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Click the Feedback button in the main menu.
- The Feedback Overview is opened. Click here to learn all about this page.
- Click Add a Channel, to open the App store.
- In the App Store, click the WooCommerce tile.
Pro-Tip: The App Store opens to show the Featured Apps. If you can't see the WooCommerce tile on this screen, click All Apps in the sidebar and you should be able to find it on this page.
- The App page for WooCommerce provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you have already connected apps for WooCommerce. Click Install App to go ahead and connect WooCommerce to eDesk Feedback.
- Click the WooCommerce tile in Webstore in the Get Connected! page.
- Click the Authorize Feedback button.
- Enter your WooCommerce webstore URL, your Consumer key and your Consumer secret.
Note: If you do not have these or are unsure of where to find them, you can find them easily by following this handy guide.
- Click Next. Now you will set up your email forwarding, which will allow eDesk to send feedback requests to your customers from the selected email address.
If you select Option 1, the From email address in your feedback requests will be your autgenerated eDesk email address. This will look something like firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you select Option 2, the From email address in your feedback requests will be another email address that you already use, for example: email@example.com
- And that's all you need to do! You'll get a confirmation message if the connection is successful. Well done!
Now that your WooCommerce account is connected to eDesk, you need to set up one or more Feedback rules that tell eDesk when to automatically send your Feedback requests.
03 Creating WooCommerce Feedback rules
Click Feedback in the main menu once more.
- The Feedback Overview is opened again. Click here for information about this page.
- Click Rules in the sidebar to display the Rules page. Here's where you'll see your connected channels listed horizontally at the top of the screen. You should see WooCommerce in the list. The number in brackets shows the number of feedback rules for the channel. For WooCommerce, this will be 0 because you have yet to create a rule for this channel.
- Click WooCommerce to open the Rules listing for WooCommerce.
- Click Create a Feedback Rule (or the Create a Rule button at the top of the page).
- Follow the instructions here to create a new Feedback Rule for WooCommerce.
Once you've created one or more rules and have activated them, click the Feedback icon in the main menu to reopen the Feedback Overview page.
You'll see a WooCommerce icon in the Rules Running box.
Congratulations! eDesk will now start emailing your customers to ask for feedback on their WooCommerce orders. That's one less job for you to do!