This help file will show you how you can easily start automating PrestaShop feedback requests in your eDesk account.
Before you start
- eDesk Feedback is available as an Add-On. To find more information, click here.
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a PrestaShop account. To find out more about this, click here.
01 How does it work?The PrestaShop Feedback integration allows you to set up eDesk to automatically request reviews on PrestaShop when a customer purchases from your business. All you need to do is set up rules that determine when and under what circumstances the feedback request is sent, and you'll write the feedback message that will be sent to your customer. Then eDesk does the rest. Easy!
When your customers respond to the feedback request and write a review, the review is left on your PrestaShop webstore.
02 How do I connect eDesk with PrestaShop?Connecting PrestaShop to your eDesk account is a straightforward process. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Click the Feedback button in the main menu.
- The Feedback Overview is opened. Click here to learn all about this page.
- Click Add a Channel, to open the App store.
- In the App Store, click the PrestaShop tile in the Webstores category.
- The App page for PrestaShop provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you have already connected apps for PrestaShop. Click Install App to go ahead and connect PrestaShop to eDesk Feedback.
- Click the PrestaShop tile in Webstore in the Get Connected! page.
- Click the Authorize Feedback button.
- The next steps in the process are to set up a Webservice key in PrestaShop. In a new browser tab, login to your PrestaShop account and follow the instructions on the screen below:
Pro Tip: If you have already set up a Webservice key for eDesk in PrestaShop, you can find it in Advanced Parameters → Webservice within your PrestaShop account. Copy it so that you can paste it into the eDesk form in the next step.
Once you have completed these steps in PrestaShop, return to the eDesk tab and click Next.
- Now you need to enter details to connect your PrestaShop store.
Step 1: Enter the URL for your PrestaShop webstore.
Step 2: You've already created your Webservice key and copied it, as per the instructions in the previous screen.
Step 3: Paste in the Webservice key that you copied in the previous step.
- Next, enter the support email address that you use for PrestaShop. Click Next.
- Now you will set up your email forwarding, which will allow eDesk to share emails with PrestaShop.
You can choose Standard Email Forwarding (where you set up your email account to forward emails to eDesk) OR IMAP Server Connection (where you instruct eDesk to get the emails from your IMAP server). Most businesses select Standard Email Forwarding as it's easy to set up!
Select Standard Email Forwarding or IMAP Server Connection, and follow the instructions on screen.
- And that's all you need to do! You'll get a confirmation message if the connection is successful. Well done!
Now that your PrestaShop account is connected to eDesk, you need to set up one or more Feedback rules that tell eDesk when to automatically send your Feedback requests.
03 Creating PrestaShop Feedback rules
Click Feedback in the main menu once more.
- The Feedback Overview is opened again. Click here for information about this page.
- Click Rules in the sidebar to display the Rules page. Here's where you'll see your connected channels listed horizontally at the top of the screen. You should see PrestaShop in the list. The number in brackets shows the number of feedback rules for the channel. For PrestaShop, this will be 0 because you have yet to create a rule for this channel.
- Click PrestaShop to open the Rules listing for PrestaShop.
- Click Create a Feedback Rule (or the Create a Rule button at the top of the page).
- Follow the instructions here to create a new Feedback Rule for PrestaShop.
Once you have created a rule, you'll see it in the PrestaShop tab in the Rules page.
Click the Feedback icon in the main menu to reopen the Feedback Overview page.
You'll see a PrestaShop icon in the Rules Running box.
Congratulations! eDesk will now start emailing your customers to ask for feedback on their PrestaShop orders. That's one less job for you to do!
If you want to learn more about requesting reviews on Google, click here.
Interested in learning more about the Amazon Request a Review feature? Click here.