Instagram is a popular way for customers to contact brands with pre and post-sales queries. We understand the importance of delivering an easy way to integrate with Instagram so you can begin the conversation and convert those messages into sales.
Connecting your Instagram Business page will allow all your comments to flow into eDesk.
All comments will continue to be delivered to your Instagram page and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need an Instagram Business account. You can find out how to create one here.
01 Connecting Instagram
- Go to Settings → Mailbox Settings → Channels.
Click + Add Channel and select Instagram in the Social Media section.
In order to connect your Instagram account, you must have the following:
- A regular Facebook account with a business page created
- Your Instagram business account connected to the Facebook business page
02 Set Up the Facebook Connection
- Sign into your Facebook account.
- Go to Social media → Instagram.
- Once logged in, you will need to allow eDesk to access your profile and posts, like this:
4. Select the business page which has the Instagram account connected and Confirm.
Your Instagram account is now connected to eDesk!
03 Data from Instagram in eDesk
Now that you successfully connected your Instagram Business page, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
- Each post creates a ticket inside eDesk when a comment is left.
- Comments will appear in the ticket as an incoming message.
- Outgoing messages will appear as comments on the post.
- Likes displayed on the right hand side of the ticket update each time the comments update, they are not updated with each like the post receives on Instagram.
If you would like to find out more about connecting Facebook with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about connecting Amazon with eDesk, click here.