Connecting your Facebook Business Page will allow all your direct messages, wall posts and comments to flow into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your Facebook page and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a Facebook Business page. You can find out how to create one here.
01 How do I connect Facebook in eDesk?
- Go to Settings→Mailbox Settings → Channels.
- Click + Add Channel and select Facebook in the Social Media section.
- You will be prompted to Authorize eDesk please proceed.
- You will be redirected to log into your personal Facebook account - the one under which the business page was created.
- You then need to choose which Facebook page you want to connect.
Facebook has an SLA policy that you need to respond to a message within 24 hours. Therefore, if you miss the 24 hour SLA, the system will then show a ‘retry send’ and you must respond to the message directly on Facebook.
02 ‘Retry Send’ Error on Facebook
03 Where do I see data from Facebook in eDesk?
Now that you successfully connected your Facebook page, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your direct messages, wall posts or comments on the Mailbox screen:
If you would like to find out more about connecting Instagram with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about connecting Amazon with eDesk, click here.