Connecting your Facebook Business Page will allow all your direct messages, wall posts, and comments to flow into eDesk.
All messages will continue to be delivered to your Facebook page and it will also update when you send messages from eDesk.
Before you start
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You'll need a Facebook Business page. You can find out how to create one here.
01 How do I connect Facebook in eDesk?
- Go to the App Store and click the Facebook tile.
- The App Store page for Facebook provides an Overview of how the channel works with eDesk, and an Installed Channels tab will also be shown if you already have an app for a Facebook account installed. Click Install App to go ahead and connect a new Facebook account.
- Click Authorize eDesk. You'll be redirected to log into your personal Facebook account - the one under which the business page was created.
You then need to choose which Facebook page you want to connect to.
Facebook has an SLA policy that you need to respond to a message within 24 hours. Therefore, if you miss the 24 hour SLA, the system will then show a ‘retry send’ and you must respond to the message directly on Facebook.
02 ‘Retry Send’ Error on Facebook
03 Where do I see data from Facebook in eDesk?
Now that you've successfully connected your Facebook page, we will import data directly into your eDesk account.
You will be able to see all your direct messages, wall posts or comments on the Mailbox screen:
If you would like to find out more about connecting Instagram with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about connecting Amazon with eDesk, click here.