Understanding your customer's experience has never been more important. That's why eDesk allows you to exclude irrelevant or inappropriate customer satisfaction (CSAT) feedback from your Insights, so that you can build an accurate picture of customer satisfaction across your entire customer base.
This help file explains how to hide or unhide customer ratings in your Insights.
Before you start
- You'll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
- You’ll need to be on the eDesk Enterprise plan to access this feature. To find out more information, click here.
- The Hide CSAT option is an on-demand feature; you’ll need to request it from the eDesk team.
01 Why hide Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) feedback?
eDesk’s CSAT surveys are a fantastic tool for shedding light on how your team is performing and how your customers perceive your business. To learn more about CSAT, click here.
You can view charts and listings of CSAT feedback in the Customer Satisfaction section of eDesk’s Insights. To learn more about Insights, click here.
Most of the customer feedback you receive will be of enormous value in helping you build great relationships with your customer base, but sometimes - inevitably! - you’ll receive feedback that won’t be useful, perhaps because it’s irrelevant or inappropriate.
On these occasions, you might want to exclude the rating from the Insights charts, so that you can assess customer satisfaction using only real and relevant feedback.
Note: Hiding CSAT feedback doesn’t mean it’s deleted; the feedback is still there and you can unhide it any time. Hidden CSAT ratings simply aren’t used in charts and can be hidden from view in the Customer Satisfaction → Ratings & comments listings in Insights.
02 How to hide CSAT feedback
It’s really easy to hide CSAT feedback for individual tickets and chats. Simply follow the instructions below.
1. Go to Insights → Customer Satisfaction.
2. At the top of the page, select the Tickets or Chat tab (depending on the type of feedback you want to hide), the channel and the date range so that the ticket/chat you want to find is displayed in the Ratings & comments section at the bottom of the page.
3. The Ratings & comments section has a set of filters at the top, which are by default, Show hidden, All ratings and With/Without comment.
Make sure that Show hidden is selected.
4. In the Ratings & comments section, click the ellipsis … at the end of the row for the ticket that has the ratings/comments you want to hide. In the menu, click Hide.
A Hide C-SAT? popup is displayed. Enter the reason that you are hiding this CSAT feedback, and click Hide C-SAT. The reason is included in a report and you can also view it in a tooltip in the listing once the CSAT feedback is hidden.
- The CSAT feedback for this ticket will no longer be included in the charts.
- The hidden CSAT will still be included in the CSAT report, with its hidden status flagged in the Is Hidden? and Reason To Hide columns.
- A Hidden icon will be displayed beside the ellipsis … at the end of the row for the ticket. You can view the reason for hiding the CSAT feedback in a tooltip, by hovering the cursor over the Hidden icon.
03 Unhiding CSAT feedback
You can unhide the CSAT feedback for a ticket anytime, so that it is included in the Insights charts.
In the Ratings & comments section, click the ellipsis … at the end of the row for the ticket that has the ratings/comments you want to unhide. In the menu, click Unhide.
- The CSAT feedback for this ticket will be included in the charts again.
- The CSAT will continue to be included in the CSAT report, but the values in the Is Hidden? and Reason To Hide columns will be updated to indicate that it is no longer hidden.
- The Hidden icon will be removed from the ticket in the listing.