Whether you've forgotten your password or you just want to change it, don't worry. It's a very simple and secure process!
This help file will guide you through resetting your eDesk password.
Before you start
Note: Resetting your eDesk password does not affect any of your logins for marketplaces or other platforms. To reset your password for one of your marketplaces, you'll need to follow the instructions provided by that marketplace.
01 Forgotten your password?
If you can't login because you've forgotten your password, there are two ways to reset your password:
- Via the Forgot your password link on the login page.
- By contacting us.
Forgot your password link
- Go to the eDesk login page at dashboard.edesk.com.
- Click the Forgot your password? link.
- On the Forgot your password page, enter your email address into the Email address field. This should be the email address that will be listed for your account in Settings → Company Settings → Users tab in eDesk.
- Click Reset Password.
If the email address that you entered is recognized by eDesk, it will send an email containing a link. When you receive the email, click the link to be taken to a page that will allow you to reset your eDesk password.
Note: If you don't receive an email, it is most likely because the entered email address didn't match the email address that is on your eDesk account. We also suggest that you check your Spam folder in case it has ended up there.
- Once you have reset your password, you can log into eDesk as usual with the new password.
You can contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alternatively, one of your teammates can contact us for advice by logging into eDesk, clicking on their avatar, and then selecting Contact Us from the menu. This will open up a Chat window where you can chat with a member of our Support team or leave them a message.
02 Changing your password when you're already logged into eDeskIf you are logged into eDesk and want to change your password, then:
- Go to Settings → My Account → General tab.
- Click Change Password.
- The Change Password page is displayed, where you are asked to enter your current password and then enter the new password twice.
- Click the Change Password button to complete resetting your password.
This will open up a Chat window where you can chat with a member of our Support team or leave them a message.