This has many security benefits and improvements that help mitigate security issues in the old basic authentication method. To find out more about this update, please visit Microsoft's announcement article.
There are 3 simple steps you need to follow to move to the new Microsoft OAuth 2.0 in eDesk and keep your operations running smoothly.
This process should take about 20 seconds per each Microsoft Outlook channel you have installed in eDesk. Please make sure you follow this process for every Outlook channel that you have.
- Let's begin by going to Settings in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, and click on Channels.
- Click on the Outlook channel you've already installed.
- Select Mailbox at the top menu bar.
- Scroll down to the Receiving mode dropdown and select "Pull emails via Microsoft Outlook API"
- Click Renew Outlook Access to eDesk
- You'll then be redirected to follow the simple steps in Outlook to renew eDesk’s permissions.
If you run into any issues, please feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to help.