Check out these example uses for Rule-Only templates, and adapt them to your business needs.
This help file will guide you through how to set them up in your eDesk account.
Before you start
- You’ll need to have access to Templates in your Settings in order to view, create and edit templates. If you don’t have access, you can request it from an Admin user within your business
Note: to find out more general information regarding Templates in eDesk, click here.
Want to take a tour?
Click here to take an in-App tour and create a Rule-Only Template in eDesk!
Note: To access this tour you must be an Admin or have permission to access Templates. To find out more about this, click here.
Auto-responding to common queries
Create a rule-only template to automatically answer those common customer questions that come up again and again.
Example: Automatically send a prewritten answer when your customers ask “How do I return my Amazon order?”
All you need to do is set up a rule-only template that does the following:
- automatically respond with a prewritten message that contains a hyperlink to Amazon’s Return Policy page.
- add the tag Returns and Customer enquiries to the ticket.
- set the status to Resolved.
For a better customer experience, you can even set up the response to appear as if it comes from someone in your team during office hours.
Auto-responding when your Support Agents are busy
Need to take the pressure off your Support Agents so that they can deliver a great customer experience even when they are facing high volumes of customer queries? Instruct eDesk to respond with an acknowledgement to your customer’s message by setting up a rule-only template for peak times.
Example: Autorespond to your customers with an acknowledgement between 11am and 1pm on weekdays.
Simply set up a rule-only template that does the following for tickets that arrive between 11am and 1pm:
- automatically respond with a prewritten message that thanks the customer for their message and informs them that a member of the Care Team will be in touch before 5pm.
- add the tag Autoacknowledged, so that Support Agents know that the customer has been contacted but expects a follow-up.
Auto-responding to messages that contain keywords
You can set up eDesk to trigger auto-responses based on the content in a customer's message.
Example: Autorespond to your customers if the message contains a request like “Do you offer a bespoke service?”, “I would like to know how much a custom chair costs? ”, or “I need a quote for a chair made from cedar.”
The Rule-Only template will:
- automatically respond with a prewritten message that informs the customer that a member of our dedicated team will contact them personally within 3 hours.