This guide will walk you through the process of resolving this issue for you.
Before you start
- You’ll need an account with eDesk. If you want to find out how to create one, click here.
- You’ll need an Admin login to eDesk. If you don’t have an Admin login, you can request one from an Admin user within your business.
01 What does this error mean?There was a change made in Gmail a while back for Third-Party Applications to be re-granted permission to access client's Gmail accounts, in that certain steps needed to be taken to generate a new app password.
What you simply need to do is follow the re-granting of access procedure below to fix the problem once for all.
02 How to resolve this?
1. Log into your Gmail account for the channel affected and go to https://myaccount.google.com/security.
2. Enable the Two-Step Verification (this needs to be ON to see the next option).
3. Click App password under the Two-Step Verification option.
4. Sign in with Two-step verification if prompted.
5. In Select App choose Mail.
6. In Select Device choose Other (Custom Name).7. A box will appear. Type xSellco and click Generate.
8. Copy the password that appears.
9. Log in to your eDesk account.
10. Go to Settings → Mailbox Settings → Channels.
11. Click on the channel in question and select the Mailbox tab.
12. Enable the mailbox (see 'enable' attached) and paste the password into the Password field and save changes.
If you would like to find out more about Mail Forwarding with eDesk, click here.
If you would be interested in learning more about approving senders with eDesk, click here.